Monday 11 June 2012

Blacktown Markets 10th June 2012



Sunday 10th June 2012 I woke up to find it had been raining through the night  "It's raining, it's pouring the old man is snoring, he bumped his head on the end of the bed and couldn't get up in the morning!"  (do you remember this little nursery rhyme!) With the overnight rain and a cloudy morning sky you are left with the predicament, do I pack everything and go or give it a miss. I rang the wet weather line for Blacktown Markets and was told the market will be running as it was not raining there.

With the decision made that the market will run the kids and I were on our way, we arrived with out the rain and found our spot right next door to Kim who makes her own banana bread and Italian biscuits,  I had met here last week at Ettalong Markets. That is the amazing thing about the market scene it is one big happy family.

We set up and had a great day the rain stayed away until about 12.30 when a light mist started, I decided to pack up and leave before the rain became any heavier.  It was a great market, a mixture of old and new the kind of place a recycler like me would find something interesting for the garden or house.

Blacktown Market 10th June 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment