Friday 15 June 2012

Camden Markets and a tip from another stall holder about PayPal

Camden Markets 16th June 2012

Well I woke up to my husband saying "it's raining do you think the market will be on!" ..... most markets do run in the rain and I have been lucky enough to get through past rainy markets without it hampering our day.    NOT today we arrived to a light sprinkle that gradually became heavier it was not long before the first stall holder decided that it was not worth being there.  We were to come to the same conclusion a short time later.

Most of the people there wondering around were other stall holders.  I had a great conversation with a  stall holder who gave me one of the best tips, his tip is just fantastic for little businesses who are out and about and need credit card facilities... this new facility, PayPal  are offering sounds fantastic. A rival to the banks and their eftpos machines that are expensive to have.

PayPal  are offering a credit card reader that attaches to your phone (the phone of the merchant) and your customers can pay by credit card where ever you are, simply by swiping the card and your customer signing the screen of your phone using their finger, the money is deposited into the merchants PayPal account.  According to this stall holder who started using it last week the money did take about 3 days to reach their PayPal account, however since this was sales they would have missed by not having credit card facilities they were happy to wait the few days. I have registered for it, so I shall see how I go.

On the Paypal link it states "Manually entered and scanned cards incur a 2.9%+ $0.30 fee per transaction*"

I would like to know if anyone else has feedback on this.  I am just so impressed because the bank fees especially in the current economic times are a so high.

No comments:

Post a Comment