Sunday 14 October 2012

Cherry Blossom and Como Markets 13th and 14th October 2012

This weekend I had two beautiful markets Saturday, Brett and I drove to Newcastle to do the Cherry Blossom Market which I had heard so many wonderful reviews from other stall holder and in particular from Vicki at Giggle Designs, who has the most beautiful reversable children’s clothing and on her urging I booked a stall.

The market was well run and held around the Newcastle Harness Racing Club track, Turton Road New Lambton during the day they ran the mini trotts so cute, the races were run with handicaps on some of the horses there were ponies that were twice the size of others.

Before the market opened we quickly did the rounds of the other stalls and came accross a familiar face.  I had stopped because of the crocheting and all hand done by twin sisters who were taught to crochet by their mother. I too can crochet and was taught by my grandmother "Gin" (with the G making the g sound like goal) but not like their crocheting I bought the cutest little thongs for my newest cousin, she will be a groovy little diva in them.  The crochet bags, beads, water bottle holders and little shoes all done by them.


Two Alike crocketing sisters you can have custom orders made by contacting them on twoalike@hotmail.com

Arriving back at my stall I spotted cakes and only two stalls down, Jan and her Fantasy Cup Cakes to absolutely die for...... I could not believe someone could make a cupcake like hers for five dollars. So I had lemon meringue cupcake and then well I don't know what the second one was called and THEN I bought five more to take home for mum and the kids. They didn't last very long! 


Jan from Fantasy Cup Cakes

Five very yummy cup cakes for mum and the kids
Me eating a raspberry somthing or other YUM
I also met Graeme from Rainbow Glass Art who makes his own glassware.  "The glass used is systems 96 art glass, they cut the glass to their design, fused the pieces of glass together and then slump it into a mould to obtain its shape and all done at their home Rainbow Flat on the beautiful Mid North Coast of NSW. They run workshops in glass plate making and bead the colours they have used are really eye catching.

The market was lovely and one I will definitely do again they also run their market at the Lindeman’s Winery Hmmmm may have to do that one too.


Graeme with some of his glass www.rainbowglassart.com.au



Sunday was spent at Como markets in the local public school, such a lovely school with lots of interesting stalls the weather held out for us and was quiet sunny by the end of the market there was a crowd and everyone was very friendly.  Also a market I would like to do again.

Gametag at Como School Market










No comments:

Post a Comment